Saturday, October 14, 2006

Welcome everyone!!!

I am really excited about this, I hope it will somehow benifet all who join the conversation. here is a little bit about me... I live in Minnesota. We live on a small farm which we just purchased about 6 months ago.My husband and I have 5 children living at home, he has one who just turned 18 and is on her own, the other kids are a 3 year old boy(early onset bipolar),a 6 year old girl, an 8 year old boy, another 8 yearold boy(pdd and aspergers),and a 10 year old boy. We've all done alot of learning and work to build thid farm in less than a year, but theres still alot we dont know and have new questions everyday, we raise dairy goats,meat goats, and potbellied pigs, and will be purchasing poultry in the spring among other additions. I am severly bipolar though I try very hard to stay on medecation in hopes that I have a better chance of keeping things under control. one of the 8 yearolds and the 10 year old have a birth mom who seems to believe that her mission in life is to make their lives as well as mine a living hell. My other 8 year old being on the autism spectum has had a rough road of it, 5 schools later and only in the 2 grade we are still fighting everyday in hopes that he may someday have a chance at a decent education. my daught was born prematurly and being the only girl at home is the center of everyones attention. My 3 year old has just been diagnosed this year and not a moment to soon, when your 3 yearold pulls his own hair out at the root and pinches himself to the blood and noone outside the family sees a problem, you start to question your own sanity or your own motherhood abilities. The name of my farm is serenity acres and the name of this blog is finding serenity because that is what I'm seeking in most areas of my life. Since I don't work I spend alot of time alone with the kids so I figured this is a good way to get some adult interaction, hope to hear from some one soon.

No comments: